Photo via Pexels
Written by: Henry Moore
For more info contact: Henry Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://fitwelltraveler.com
Whether you’re planning on selling your home in the near future or you just want to make the space a bit more comfortable for your family, investing in home repairs and improvements could be a great idea. But before you get the power tools out of the garage, consider whether or not your repairs are going to pay off. You don’t want to invest in major projects that aren’t worth the time or money. First, determine the value of your house, then search local listings to compare your home with comparable properties in the area. This will give you an idea of what is and isn’t worth doing.
Once you have an idea of what you want to do, use this quick guide to inexpensive home improvement projects that can have a big impact on your home value!
Expand Your Livable Space
One great way to boost your home value is to increase the size of your available living space. Here’s how to do it without investing in a major addition!
- Remodel your garage into a home office or recreation room.
- Finish your basement and turn it into a home gym.
- Build a covered deck off your home to expand your living space outdoors.
Tackle Simple Repair Projects
Staying on top of common home repair projects will help to preserve your home value. These repairs are simple, affordable, and easy to do on your own!
- Start with easy home fixes like simple kitchen updates and bathroom repairs.
- Peel and stick wallpaper can be repositioned and is an attractive and elegant alternative to traditional wallpaper.
- Remove old exterior caulking and replace it with a new formula that will last.
- Add a wall-mount range hood to remove kitchen odors and breathe cleaner air.
- Refresh the paint on your home—or just repaint the trim if you’re looking for a quick upgrade.
- Clean out your gutters to prevent water damage to your home.
Make Behind-the-Scenes Upgrades
Some of the most impactful upgrades are the ones you can’t see. These home repairs are easy to forget, but they can have a big effect on your home maintenance costs over the years—and help you get a higher price for your home when you sell!
- Add attic insulation to reduce your energy bill.
- Replace leaking faucets, toilets, or showerheads to reduce your water bill.
- Replace your HVAC filter to prolong the life of your system.
You don’t need to empty your pockets to update your home. If you’ll be selling your home at some point in the future, stick to repairs and upgrades that offer a good return on your investment!
When you’re ready to sell your home, connect with Lake Homes Realty for local expertise and superior real estate service. Call 603-973-4394 to schedule an appointment!